Call for Papers
CROSSINGS: A JOURNAL OF ENGLISH STUDIES (ISSN 2071-1107) is inviting scholarly articles for its Volume 13, No. 2 to be published in December 2022.
Deadline for submission: April 30, 2022
Crossings: A Journal of English Studies is an annual double-blind peer-reviewed journal of scholarly articles and book reviews. Crossings invites contributions in the fields of language, applied linguistics, literature, and culture from scholars and researchers mainly affiliated with higher education.
Contributions should not have been previously published or be under consideration for publication elsewhere. Each contribution is submitted to at least one reader on a panel of reviewers and only those articles recommended by the reviewer will be considered for publication. Reviews may take four to six months to complete after the submission deadline.
Crossings does not accept student papers or creative writing.
However, all decisions regarding final acceptance and rejection remain the prerogative of the Editorial Board.
Acceptance letters will be provided on request only after the Editorial Board’s final approval.
- Must be written in English
- Referencing style: MLA 9 (Literature/Cultural Studies), APA 7 (Applied Linguistics/Language)
- Must be double spaced in 12 point Times New Roman font
- Must include abstract, text, tables, figure captions, and references in a single .doc or .docx file
- All figures, graphs, and pictures must be in black and white.
- Abstract should be 150–200 words
- Must include up to five keywords
- Use American spelling
- Incorporate all notes into the text or include under a subheading (Notes) before the Works Cited or References page.
- Endnotes and footnotes are strongly discouraged.
- Paper length: 2500-6000 words (limit reconsidered at the discretion of the Editorial Board for exceptional articles)
- Book reviews should use the MLA 9 referencing style and not exceed 2500 words
- Article must be formatted according to the Crossings Style Guide
- Must be professionally edited before submission
- Must have separate cover page with author’s full name, institution name, designation, ORCID, email address, mailing address, contact number, and full title of the article.
Papers requiring extensive editing after acceptance by reviewers will be rejected by the Editorial Board.
All papers will be checked for plagiarism.
There is no Article Processing Charge (APC) required for publication in Crossings.
For detailed policy statements, please visit the Crossings website: https://deh.ulab.edu.bd/publications/crossings.
Please email your submission to: email@example.com.
Crossings: A Journal of English Studies
Department of English and Humanities
University of Liberal Arts Bangladesh
Research Building: House 56, Road 4/A, Dhanmondi, Dhaka-1209 Bangladesh
Permanent Campus: 688 Beribadh Road, Mohammadpur, Dhaka-1207